Finished Quilts

Saturday 2 March 2013

February 2013

Usually (well, sometimes!) when I do my monthly round up, I'm a little surprised at how much I've actually achieved.  February left me feeling that I'd done more than I did....


I've included Jack's quilt even though I finished it on 31st Jan cos I posted about it on the 1st Feb and missed the deadline for the Lovely Year of Finishes in January (I'm not really that bitter, much).  The rest of the month's makes include gifts for friends who donated to my Dryathlon attempt (£2.5k in the end - proper chuffed), Siblings Together blocks and bee blocks. I also have my first proper attempt at foundation paper piecing and LOVED it. 

I'm not too upset about the lack of finishes - I have also just finished a quilt top that I started last week (needs an iron and trim so photos in another post). And no fabric purchases this month (apart from some that was sent to Jess to help with her Tasmanian quilt appeal). The only think that I feel annoyed about is not even starting my planned Lovely Year of Finishes item - that skirt panel is giving me evils as I type!

March is the month when I start my FMQ training - gulp. And I hope to finish not one but two toddler quilts (only 6 months late!).  It is also the first meeting of the East Midlands Modern Quilt Guild, which I'm really looking forward to hope goes well.  In a rash moment, I may have promised to make myself a hat that looks a little like this ...

... out of a skull cap and colander.  Oh my giddy aunt!

Linking with Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts

Lily's Quilts


13 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, I don't think anyone thought you were serious about the hat, but now you've committed to it on your blog, i'm afraid you'll have to make it! ;o). Some great progress this month, love your paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My computer has not allowed the photo of your proposed hat to be posted. Is this an omen?You've obviously had a good month and your paper piecing is a triumph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's impressive:-) I do love your kinky boots! I can't see your hat either, and I'm very curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your finishes! You will be amazing at FMQ,Moira! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful finishes Moira! Really love the trip along quilt - I am planning on starting one soon too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finishes M. Just cannot wait to see you in a hat like that! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hat is now visible and obviously matches your kinky boots perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome hat - need one! I LOVE your kinky boots for Ana, you clearly have a PP talent that was previously untapped! Well done on the fundraising too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't forget that February is a VERY short month...hardly time to even switch the sewing machine on really!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous makes, especially the FP blocks! Good luck with the hat...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great mosaic of makes - love the scrappy blocks and good luck with your hat making!

    ReplyDelete
  12. some lovely makes, but I'm almost wetting myself with excitement about the hat... hope you've got started on it, it's not going to be a quick make... I'm sure Ange said I don't have to make my horsey hat for the first meeting...

    ReplyDelete