Finished Quilts

Monday 7 January 2013

Day 7: back with a bump

Day 7 of January and the Dryathlon means a return to work for me.  So far, I've had two cups of coffee, one cup of tea, forgotten all my passwords, crashed my PC, pressed the seams of some quilting blocks whilst waiting for the PC to reboot, gone through my emails and opened my post (which happened to be a parcel of loveliness from Brenda at Pink Castle Fabrics!) and it's not even half 10.  I am about to start marking a big pile of assignments but needed to get this post out of my head first.

Bertha Janome is back home, all fixed and lovely.  Whilst she will never be quiet, she is a lot more peaceful and fluff free....
an old photo of my basic but trusty Bertha
So having spend the festive break dreaming of creating things and not being able to, I have been chain stitching up a storm, finally getting stuck into one of the toddler quilts I've been meaning to start for ages...

the beginnings of a quilt for little Jack

And to ensure that I get on with it, Jack's quilt will be my Finish for January and I'm linking with Melissa and Shanna who are hosting the 2013: A Lovely Year of Finishes.



A Lovely Year of Finishes
 

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I eyed off that fabric so many times! Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scooters! My machine is in desperate need of a service but I am in that Catch-22 situation where I can't see a time to send it in for its service as I want to sew! I am guessing that means it will break soon and then that will make the decision for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the triangles and the fabric is gorgeous! I can't face sending my machine for a service - the thought of it not being here gives me shudders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like it's going to be gorgeous Moira! Happy New Year and I look forward to reading all about what you get up to this year and hopefully seeing you at the FQR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours for your boy quilt are really lovely. I bet you are pleased to welcome Bertha home. Being without your sewing machine is awful. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours for the quilt Moira, look forward to seeing it all finished

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jack's quilt is looking great! Love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete