Finished Quilts

Friday 3 December 2010

navel gazing

Since my last post and my continued frustrations at my lack of accuracy in cutting AND sewing, I read a really interesting post, from someone who is a much better sewer than I am, talking about her frustrations with imperfection.  I agree with Rachel when she talks about feeling like the only one that makes mistakes.  I get depressed when I read a blog about someone who knocked up a perfect quilt in 5 hours.  But I guess I should remember I'm still pretty new on this journey and could probably relax a little and ease up on the self criticism.  At the same time, I need to learn from my many mistakes.  In a strange way, this crafty journey mirrors my wider life in many ways........  Ahem, as you were!

1 comment:

  1. I'm convinced that crafting can only make us better people in the end. Keep it up! Here's to the new year!

    ReplyDelete